Monday, May 23, 2011

The Art of Eating: A Tribute to M.F.K. Fisher











I'm delinquent in posting photos of a lovely event that I attended last weekend, The Art of Eating: A Tribute to M.F.K. Fisher. The party was held on the Bouverie Preserve where M.F.K. Fisher's Last House is located. If you've read my book, you know that the entrance to the Preserve has a stern "no trespassing" sign. I'd never been behind the front gate.

What I discovered up on driving up the winding road and walking through the brambly, tall grasses was lovely: M.F.K. Fisher's last house is an elegant nook, far removed from the winding Sonoma highway with views of hills and sky.

The party was dreamy: dozens of chefs prepared M.F.K. Fisher inspired dishes. Vintners poured local sips and there was art and good conversation. I think she would have liked the fete -- I know I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment