Thursday, April 14, 2011

More Extravagant News!

My book, on the front shelf at Three Lives Bookstore in the West Village, New York


Hello! What a whirlwind it has been lately. After a week in NYC, I returned to San Francisco with a nasty cold. Now I'm up and at 'em again, and happy to be reporting this fun news:

An Extravagant Hunger was reviewed in City Weekly, where Ted Schleffer expertly digs into the life behind two female culinary icons, M.F.K. Fisher and Elizabeth David. The book was also reviewed in Library Journal -- check An Extravagant Hunger out from your local branch soon!

I was on Radio West/KUER with the charming and thoughtful Doug Fabrizio. You can listen to the hour long interview here.

I also chatted with Michele Anna Jordan on "Mouthful." You can listen to that hour-long dishy conversation here.

And I discussed the art of biography writing with Chris Gondek. You can download our interview on his "Biography Podcast" on i-tunes soon.

And, I just adore this blog post on Bon Appempt, where the authoress channels M.F.K. Fisher by both donning the braided up-do from How to Cook a Wolf and making her sweet potato pudding.

More photos and news from the road coming soon. Hope to see you soon, either tonight at Mrs. Dalloway's in Berkeley, or next week in Napa!

1 comment:

  1. Great update! And now I know from experience how those radio interviews go... I'm sure you sound terrific. xo

    ReplyDelete